How to apply for a Kenyan passport
Kenyan immigration has made it easier to apply for the Kenyan passport online. The platform allows payment via mobile money, Credit, Debit Cards and online banking via local banks.
Once you've completed your online application, you have to print out a form at the end which must be signed and dated by you and the recommender. You must also add any documents, or photographs that are needed, and return it for processing.
It takes at least 10 working days to get your first passport after physically submitting the form to Immigration offices. For all other application types, it should take at least 5 working days. It can take longer if more information is needed or your application hasn’t been filled out correctly.
Steps to apply
- Visit www.ecitizen.go.ke, and register.
- Select immigration.ecitizen.go.ke, or Department of immigration services and click on the passport application form.
- Read the instructions carefully then fill the application form.
- Select the mode of payment, and pay for the passport fees.
- Download and print the application form and three application receipts.
- Submit the application form in person to the Immigration offices. ( Nyayo house, Mombasa & Kisumu.)
On Submission, you will require the following:
- An eCitizen pre-filled passport application form and three receipts.
- Original birth certificate and photocopy.
- Original National ID Card & copy.
- Three Current passport size photos.
- Recommender’s ID Card copy.
- Consent letter for minors.
- Old passport for replacement.
- Parents National ID cards and copy.
PASSPORT FEES (Kshs)
- 32 Pages Ordinary "A" Series - Kshs. 4,550
- 48 pages Ordinary "B" Series - Kshs. 6,050
- 64 Pages Ordinary "C" Series - Kshs. 7,550
- East African Passport - Kshs. 990
- Diplomatic passport (48 pages) - Kshs 7,550
- Mutilated Passport - Kshs 10,050
- Lost Passport - Kshs 12,050