How to check your NHIF contribution via shortcode 21101
The National Hospital Insurance Fund (NHIF) has been mandated to provide health insurance in Kenya for Kenyans over the ager of 18. It's core business and mandate is to provide accessible, affordable, sustainable and quality health insurance for Kenyans who earn a monthly income of Ksh. 1,000 and above.
NHIF has made it easier to check your contribution status. For the longest time, you could only check your contribution status by visiting their offices, a process which was tedious and time-consuming.
To check your NHIF status via mobile phone
- Go to your phone messaging application and start a new message
- Type the letters "ID" space, then enter your National ID number then your National ID number (or passport number if applicable) for example ID 12345678.
- Send the message to 21101.
- Please note the SMS charge service is Ksh 10 above standard rates.
To check your NHIF status via website
- Go to www.nhif.or.ke
- There is a self-service portal for you to sign up to gain access
- First-time visitors, click on Online registration to register
- Three things will be required from you; the NHIF card numbers, a valid email address and a day working phone number in case they would like to reach up to you for enquiries or other reasons.
- You will be required to fill up other personal details before saving or submitting your registration.
- Enter a password that you will use every time you log in to the portal. Ensure to use a password that is safe and easier to remember.
- Now, login to the NHIF self-service portal and proceed on to get your NHIF account status online.
- Information about how you make the monthly NHIF payment, balance, anytime one has defaulted, activation period among other details will be visible.
- After checking your NHIF status, it is advisable to log out of your account, especially when you are in a public place like the Cybercafe.