How to make ice cream at home
1 cup milk
1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2cups ice, crushed or cubed
1/3 cup coarse salt
1 litre-sized plastic ziplock bag
Gallon-sized plastic ziplock freezer bag
- Mix the 1 cup milk, vanilla, and sugar in the small plastic bag. Seal the bag tightly, making sure no air is trapped in the bag.
- Mix ice and salt in the gallon-sized plastic bag. Shake the mixture for at least 5 minutes
- Place the small bag into the large plastic bag and seal tightly.
- After about 5 minutes, you will see that the liquid inside the smaller bag has hardened. Without opening the bags, let them sit on a plate or towel for another few minutes, rearranging the ice in the larger bag so that it's surrounding the smaller bag.
- Open them up and scoop out the ice cream from inside the small bag. Serve immediately.