How to make Kenyan Kebabs
- 150gm muttons minced.
- 100gm chicken minced.
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 2 tablespoon garlic and ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon red chilli pepper powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of cashew paste
- 1 tablespoon onion paste
- 3/4 tablespoon pepper powder
- 1/4 tablespoon dry ginger powder
- 1 tablespoon dried mango powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoon cream
- 2 tablespoon besan
- 1 egg yolk
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves to garnish
- In a bowl, mix the minced mutton and minced chicken. Use your hands to mix them.
- Add ginger and garlic paste, onion paste, red chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, powdered pepper, dried mango powder, dry ginger powder, oil, cashew and cream. Mix them nicely.
- Add besan and egg yolk to bind them together. Mix well.
- Add salt to taste, mix and put in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Skewer the kebab onto an oiled skewer and grill or roast until the outside is nicely browned. Baste frequently with oil while grilling.
- Once the kebab is cooked, remove to a serving platter and garnish with onion rings, fresh coriander leaves and lemon wedges.